Rodent Awareness Week: Raising awareness about rodents and threats they may pose.
Rodents in Naples, FL are a year-round pest control issue, though activity generally increases during the colder months of December-February. Not only can rodents cause property damage, they also carry parasites and diseases. Rats, mice, and squirrels can chew wiring which may lead to an electrical fire or loss of power to your home or business.
Please note, rodents eat almost anything—including cardboard, insulation, wood, and wallboards.
These creatures undoubtedly are destructive, but they can also pose a serious health risk to you and your family. Rodents carry allergens that can trigger allergies and asthma. Believe it or not, the number of individuals allergic to dust and mold is similar to the number of people with allergies that are mice related.
Ticks, fleas, mites, flies, and parasites may enter your home when rodents are present on your property. The presence of these pests may require additional services, which will increase the cost of treatment.
In the coming months when the temperature drops, rodents have an extra incentive to enter your home, seeking warmth and an abundance of food to create a warm habitat and consistent food source.
Education is the key to prevention for all pests. Our Naples, FL Pest Control pros want to share the tell-tale signs of rodent activity so you are able to identify the presence of rodents on your property.
- Droppings: Rodent droppings can be seen both inside and outside of the home, including, attic spaces, patios, and entry ways.
- Nests: Rats and mice will collect debris like twigs and garbage to form shelter.
- Chewed Up Food Packages: Holes in food containers might be a sign of activity.
- Gnawing Marks: Rodents frequently chew on hard surfaces and wires in the home.
- Noise: Late night scratching from the walls or the ceiling indicate the presence of rodents.
If you have noticed any of these signs in your Naples home, contact our expert rodent prevention and removal specialists by phone or fill out our form. The team at Personalized Pest Control is ready to discuss your rodent issue, provide a complimentary estimate, and explain how we will effectively banish rodents from your home.
(239) 455-8444 • www.personalizedpest.net • 3888 Mannix Drive Suite 308, Naples, FL 34114